General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,500 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for an Account Associate in our Atlanta, GA office within the Global Operations & Technology business group. This group supports the U.S. Property & Casualty reinsurance underwriting effort.
- Supports Underwriters in their efforts to achieve agreed goals as outlined in the Strategic Plans for Property and Casualty.
- Aligned with Property and Casualty, demonstrate the ability to adapt and learn all Lines of Businesses as required.
- Exhibit knowledge to handle complex clearances and setups based on the supplied information.
- Solicit and coordinate renewal information on all LOBs needed to generate a renewal quote as directed by Branch Manager.
- Understand and implement all business units rules, guidelines, goals and strategies.
- Perform name clearance, account setup, and process a variety of pre- and post-binding requests per our procedures and guidelines.
- Where appropriate, update claims data in the claims handling systems after approval by Corporate Claims.
- Process and sign off on all non-premium endorsements as far as no decisions by Underwriters are required.
- Participate in value added activities such as: training, bundled business, quality review, or other value added projects or technical teams based on the needs of the branch and business unit.
- Participate in branch, regional and Global Operations and Technology team planning, as requested, in support of business unit goals.
- Demonstrate and utilize advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Client Service Discipline
- Consistently create and process accurate reinsurance documents (Name Clearances, Quotes, Binders, Certificates, Endorsements, and Program/Bundled business documents) applying established Facultative procedures and guidelines including Service Level Agreements
- Continually update contact management systems and appropriate marketing tools with a sense of urgency.
- Extract and prepare reports as necessary as directed by Underwriter/ Branch Manager.
- Cooperate with Underwriters and Global Finance in the management/follow up of receivables and accounts.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of client events.
- Endeavor to continuously improve business units processes and service to clients.
- Be open, accessible and easy to approach.
- Ensure collaboration within all business units.
- Engage and contribute in training and coaching initiatives.
- Support ongoing information sharing and interaction with colleagues and other business units.
- Treat clients and colleagues with utmost respect and professionalism as well as earning their respect and trust.
- Clearly and actively communicate with internal and external clients in support of the business units.
- Keep all stakeholders informed and up-to-date with relevant information.
- Continuously improve own skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrate initiative within and across branches.
- Accept responsibility and accountability.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong value system in support of Property and Casualty.
- Earn respect from colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and a sense of urgency.
- Two or more years of experience in insurance/underwriting industry; reinsurance experience preferred but will train for
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills/critical thinking skills.
- Capacity to work in a team environment.
- Organizational ability and attention to detail.
- High degree of energy/tenacity.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills