Business Analytics Specialist
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 2,000 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Business Analytics Specialist in our corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT. We are seeking an individual with considerable experience in analyzing complex data sets. The ideal candidate will be able to identify and initiate analytical tasks and perform different types of analytics such descriptive, predictive and prescriptive based on their experience in (Re)Insurance space.
The Business Analytics Specialist will provide internal and external data and perform analytics tasks in support of Gen Re Property and Casualty business objectives. The Business Analytics Specialist will participate in all activities based on corporate analytics vision and strategy intended to serve both internal business use as well as to create value for Gen Re’s clients.
- The Business Analytics Specialist will be responsible for exploring and experimenting with a variety of datasets to draw insights and search for stories within Property and Casualty (Re)Insurance space.
- The Business Analytics Specialist will be responsible to model and build algorithms on top of our vast number of datasets.
- The Business Analytics Specialist will be expected to develop deeper understanding of internal and external data and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems or Statistics. Master's or Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum three years of experience in data analytics in (Re)Insurance business.
- Ability to manage multiple active projects proceeding in parallel.
- Proficient in Python and/or R and/or SAS.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the (Re)Insurance industries.
- Driven by the desire to seek answer to "so what?" business question than being enamored by "what’s new?"
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to use a vast array of analytical tools.
- Demonstrated ability to source data across a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints while delivering incremental value.
- Producing high quality work for business presentations and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent business acumen and sound judgment.