Business Development - Senior Vice President
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,900 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Re Life Corporation (GRL), a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is seeking a Business Development, Senior Vice President. This position is located in our Stamford, CT corporate headquarters.
This position is responsible for Business Development for General Re Life Corporation. This position will report to the President and CEO of General Re Life Corporation and be a member of the Gen Re Life Corporation Executive Management Team.
The top objectives of this position are:
- Profitable Growth
- People Management
- Enhance Brand Recognition
Specific Responsibilities of the Position Include:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to achieve
Gen Re’s profit growth objectives.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by developing unique service promises and delivering on those promises.
- Explore innovative ideas and solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Grow and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the insurance and reinsurance marketplace, including reinsurance solutions offered and their potential financial implications.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with senior management at major clients and prospects and respond to all inquiries and requests for proposals in a timely manner.
- Manage all client events and Gen Re presence at industry meetings.
- Maintain visibility in the market by meeting with clients and prospects, participating at industry meetings and by joining pertinent industry committees.
- Develop a digital media and content strategy to support client acquisition and retention.
- Lead and manage the Sales and Marketing Team by providing direction, training and support to ensure the team experiences professional growth and rewarding career paths at Gen Re Life.
- Partner with the Gen Re Life Executive Management Team to develop and implement various strategies to profitably grow our business.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, FSA or someone with an in-depth knowledge of U.S. life insurance or reinsurance financials is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, internally and externally.
- Ability to provide strategic insight and recommendations.
- Experience leading and managing a high performing sales team.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships.
- Customer service focused with excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel.