Business Metrics Specialist
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,500 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Business MetricsSpecialist in our corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT. We are seeking an individual with considerable experience working with complex data sets and producing meaningful visualizations for business use. The ideal candidate will be a team player with prior experience building visualizations in the (Re)Insurance industry.
The Business Metrics Specialist will provide visualizations for internal and external use in support of Gen Re Property and Casualty business objectives. As a member of the Data and Business Analytics team, the Business Metrics Specialist will develop interactive applications using Analytics datasets to communicate insights with the business and provide the ability for the business to ask questions.
- The Business Metrics Specialist will act as a change agent and be responsible for exploring and experimenting with a variety of datasets to draw insights and story board them within the Property and Casualty (Re)Insurance space
- The Business Metrics Specialist will be expected to develop a deep learning of business data, processes, and needs.
- The Business Metrics Specialist will be expected to develop a deeper understanding of internal and external data and systems.
- Bachelor's Degree with Quantitative focus in Business or Information Systems. Masters preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience producing metrics in (Re)Insurance business.
- Ability to manage multiple active projects proceeding in parallel.
- Proficient in QlikView and/or QlikSense.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the (Re)Insurance industries.
- Driven by the desire to seek answer to "so what?" business question than being enamored by "what’s new?"
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to use a vast array of analytical tools.
- Demonstrated ability to source data across a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, including Hadoop.
- Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints while delivering incremental value.
- Producing high quality work for business presentations and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent business acumen and sound judgment