Business Operations Process Manager
General Re, a leading global reinsurer and a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Inc., family of companies, has an excellent opportunity for a Business Operations Process Manager in its General Star Management Company subsidiary. General Star underwrites specialty property and casualty (P&C) insurance for risks with more difficult exposures. It markets its products through appointed wholesale brokers and managing general agents (MGA’s) in the U.S.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Business Operations Process Manager in our corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT.
The Business Operations Process Manager is responsible and accountable for maintaining high standards of process management around General Star’s operations and transactional accounting processes. This role focuses on evaluating existing business process and identifying opportunities to improve productivity, decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy, timeliness, change behaviors, redesign roles and functions and improve operational controls. The Business Operations Process Manager is the lead for documentation and training on General Star operations and transactional accounting processes. For projects with automation or other technology change components, the Business Operations Process Manager will perform testing and Quality Control, as needed, in support of task update and/or roll-out.
- Evaluate and improve efficiencies of existing operations process for the Business Services Division within General Star and the Business Process Outsourcing vendors.
- Document and map operations process for the Business Services Division within General Star and the Business Process Outsourcing vendors.
- Train the Business Services Division associates and the Business Process Outsourcing vendors on process improvements or new operations process.
- Manage process change communication with all stakeholders.
- Design new (or reengineer) operations process for the Business Services Division within General Star and the Business Process Outsourcing vendors.
- Plan and implement operations process change for the Business Services Division within General Star and the Business Process Outsourcing vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Requires three or more years of experience in operations/accounting business process (insurance or reinsurance preferred), documentation, training, and process improvement.
- Designations Preferred:
- Business Process Outsourcing Governance Certification
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
- Associate in Regulation and Compliance (ARC)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belt Certification.
- Skilled at documenting and mapping existing business operations processes.
- Ability to develop new process flows and maps.
- Ability to evaluate business process performance and develop (as well as present) improvement plans.
- Change management skills and experience.
- Must be able to interview stakeholders and gather operations process requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in editing existing operations process manuals and produce new operations process manuals.
- Work collaboratively, with a positive, and accountable attitude.
- Abstract thinker with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take risks, make decisions and manage multiple projects to a successful completion.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive understanding and subject matter expertise of the (re)insurance operations and accounting processes, preferred.
- Proficiency in using business operations, accounting, financial, and insurance/reinsurance industry terminology.
- Work effectively across multiple time zones and remote locations with staff and internal/external clients/vendors.
- Works well in a multi-cultural environment.
- Work with multiple computer applications (including mainframe, client-server, PC-based, web-based, and internet-based technology).
- Eager to learn and understand business process, accounting and financial analysis practices in the insurance/reinsurance industries.