General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 2,000 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Reinsurance, London Branch (a subsidiary of General Reinsurance AG) is offering an excellent opportunity for a Claims Specialist in our London Life/Health Insurance Department.
This position reports to the Head of Claims UK for the Life/Health Team. The Claims Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of the Gen Re claims proposition in the UK and Ireland. This includes, but is not limited to, the assessment of reinsurance liability, training development and delivery, audit activities as well as representing the company by way of presentations and seminars at various Gen Re and industry meetings and conferences as requested.
The Claims Management team exists to assist in the Company’s management of profitable reinsurance business. It does this by:
- Making correct claims decisions including which claims are valid & which are not valid and which claims can be rehabilitated.
- Undertaking focussed research, which will generate competitive advantage through superior understanding of risk.
- Creating an image of the company as a thought leader through client meetings, articles and presentations.
- Monitoring client claims management practices and ensuring they remain rigorous.
- Assess and administer claims from a variety of product lines, including Life, Critical Illness and Disability Claims according to the Gen Re Claims philosophy and standards
- Provide Claims support to the new treaty quotation process
- Support the marketing of Gen Re Claims service and expertise
- Develop and implement the Gen Re Claims training programme
- Participate in client audits, evaluating procedures and suggesting potential improvements
- Build on the existing relationships of the Gen Re Claims Team’s Internal and External Clients
- Conduct research and remain up to date with latest claims trends across the globe
- Produce articles and presentations for Gen Re publications and events
- Maintain Industry involvement through membership of relevant industry committees
- Remain up to date with the latest claims trends through appropriate research
Behaviors and competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner
- Ability to work both independently, and in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in challenging situations, multi-task, flexible, adaptable and self starter
- Strong attention to details
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Additional relevant information
- Experience and knowledge of dealing with life, critical illness and disability claims
- Excellent knowledge of the UK Insurance market
- University degree and/or relevant work experience
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations to the email address below for the attention of Human Resources: email@example.com
Closing date: 30 August 2018.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.