Client Account Lead
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re Life currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Client Account Lead in our Stamford, CT office.
The Client Account Lead is responsible for analyzing data, performing trend analysis, reviewing statistical measures and reporting on the performance of their client portfolio. Within the assigned client portfolio, the Client Account Lead handles all aspects of premium processing and verification, cash management, claim support, data analytics and information flow. The Client Account Lead will be assigned clients involving multiple product lines such as Individual Life Insurance, Long-term Care, Critical Illness, Medicare Supplement, and Disability Insurance. This role interfaces with both internal and external parties and is expected to act as a subject matter expert by addressing questions and concerns regarding their client portfolio.
Position responsibilities include:
- Review, analyze, and present earnings, accruals, premium fluctuations, aged receivables and suspense amounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure client and policy level data is accurate for risk accumulation, inforce management, actuarial and other analytical purposes.
- Track key metrics and provide early-warning intelligence regarding client experience and products.
- Support and consult the business on strategic questions and the use of data to drive key decisions.
- Provide policy details and premium back-up support, as needed, for claims processing.
- Liaise with cash, underwriting, claims, and other departments to ensure client queries and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Interpret, manage and maintain treaty information in order to verify treaty terms, including premiums, and conduct client audits.
- Maintain SOX control documentation and appropriate back-up as needed.
- Ensure the testing of reporting, system and process changes are implemented successfully including training and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, related field required.
- 5+ years of overall experience in an operational/accounting/ administration role with Life or Health insurance/reinsurance preferred.
- Strong understanding of ceded reinsurance and/or retrocessional covers including understanding the workings of both Treaty and Facultative reinsurance contracts preferred.
- Experience in various aspects of the life reinsurance process, including policy administration, TAI system, addressing legal/compliance/system issues, and review of contracts, is preferred.
- Comfortable with data analysis on large data sets using SQL or MS Access queries experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office products including Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups).
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to build meaningful and productive relationships with clients and key partners within the company (e.g., Underwriting and New Business, Claims, IT, etc.).
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and initiative on tasks and projects.