Individual Life Pricing Actuary
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re Life currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Individual Life Pricing Actuary in our Stamford, CT office.
The primary role is reinsurance pricing and product risk management for Individual Life reinsurance. In addition, this role supports the Chief Medical Director’s research activities and performs their own independent mortality research.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Price new business and in force deals.
- Adhere to and enhance the risk management and pricing procedures for individual life reinsurance.
- Participate in marketing and value-add activities to promote and develop client relationships, traditional and non-traditional market opportunities, and expand Gen Re Life market presence.
- Research of items affecting life reinsurance pricing.
- Assist in the continual development of Gen Re Life’s actuarial expertise.
- Lead assigned projects and staff.
- College degree.
- FSA with 10+ years of experience.
- Prior actuarial experience in reinsurance, life pricing, and/or mortality research.
- Experience with actuarial software, AXIS preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to impact and influence constituents at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Good business acumen and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide results under time pressure.