IT Service Center Manager
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for an IT Service Center Manager in our Stamford, CT office.
The Service Center Manager will be a member of IT Strategy & Controls group and is primarily responsible for managing Gen Re’s IT Service Desk and Command Center (monitoring) functions that operate on a 24x7 basis. The Service Center Manager will focus on ensuring high levels of service quality and availability.
- Ensure adherence to the defined IT service management (ITIL based) processes (Incident Management, Problem Management and Knowledge Management) across IT Support teams.
- Govern the service deliverables and service level commitments in a multi-vendor global delivery model.
- Identify and implement automation capabilities for the monitoring of IT production systems.
- Review/Approve end user communications for Change & Release Management.
- Review a sample of incident tickets for content, quality, proper routing, problem detection, opportunities for first-call resolution and timely closure.
- Participate in change management to ensure all processes are followed before releasing a change.
- Lead the business continuity and disaster recovery processes for the functions.
- Analyze and introduce process improvement measures across all areas of service management.
- Manage high-severity issues to ensure proper resolution while providing accurate and timely status updates to relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate feedback and scoring of team members on issues such as customer service, communication and technical skills.
- Single Point of Contact for business users for any IT support escalations.
- Identify, measure, benchmark, analyze and perform regular review of capacity reports, scorecards, Help Desk performance metrics. e.g. service availability, ticket volume, resolution rate, time to respond, time to resolution, change volume and customer survey results. Analyze results for trends, process improvement opportunities, staff training needs etc and take appropriate action to improve the service.
- Implement changes to ITSM tools such as remedy, Service Now etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant technical and process certifications (ITIL, HDI). ITIL V3 certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing IT Operations and Helpdesk in an enterprise-scale, geographically distributed environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate effectively to customers, peers and Management
- Experience in implementing and utilizing ITIL compliant service desk tools such as Service Now Remedy etc
- Ability to make quick operational decisions and sustain productivity among competing projects and schedules.
- Strong incident and problem-management skills including identification and escalation of system issues.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and demonstrated logical thought processes, must have the ability to quickly learn new technologies, systems, concepts and procedures, and ability to utilize reports and data to improve operational results.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office productivity suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Project)