Senior Accounting Specialist
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,500 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Our Global Finance Unit is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified individual to be based in their Shanghai Office.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, China, you will be a member of the Global Finance team that supports the finance and accounting, regulatory reporting and compliance functions of our Shanghai Office.
- Financial and management reporting including cash flows and budgets
- Preparation of financial analysis ensuring integrity of all financial data and tax reports
- Timely and accurate processing of accounting bookings
- Ensure proper management of payments, transactions, cash flows and associated risk management/ compliance including liaising with investment managers and custodians
- Assist with regulatory reporting ensuring its compliance and facilitating effective communication with external authorities
- Assist the Compliance Officer with the branch’s compliance processes.
- Provide reliable and accurate financial information to both internal and external clients
- Maintain internal controls and participate in internal and external audits
- Assist with efficient management of office facilities support including contract negotiations where appropriate
- Participate in regional and international initiatives and projects
- Degree qualified in Accountancy
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in an insurance or reinsurance company
- Prior audit experience an advantage
- Working knowledge of local financial, regulatory and tax reporting requirements, particularly relating to insurance/reinsurance industry
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Working knowledge of SAP preferable
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We offer performance-based remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed resume and day contact number via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.