Senior Casualty Facultative Underwriter
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 2,000 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re London P&C currently has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Casualty Facultative Underwriter based in our office in the City of London.
- You will be responsible for Marketing and underwriting of facultative business; soliciting new business, handling of accounts, underwriting and transacting facultative business
- You will have extensive knowledge of the UK and London Market
- As a market facing underwriter you have a penchant for being out in the market, developing a robust pipeline of profitable growth business opportunities.
- Your performance will be evaluated based on what was accomplished and how it was achieved such as premium written, number of quotes issued, price adequacy, client centricity, and teamwork.
- You will be required to demonstrate very strong technical underwriting skills in General Liability, Financial Lines, and Professional Lines business
- You will be responsible for understanding and applying Casualty Facultative underwriting philosophy, rules and guideline
- Building and sustaining a Casualty book of business through new business and renewal opportunities
- Analyzing and assessing technical insurability profitability regarding exposures and coverages on new and renewal submissions. Underwriting, pricing, structuring and negotiating facultative individual risk or bundled reinsurance solutions in accordance with guidelines
- A proven track record of successful underwriting in General Liability and Professional Lines
- Strong technical underwriting background and customer focus mindset
- Proficiency in understanding contracts, policy forms and terms and conditions
- Intelligence on rates with the ability to provide an external view
- Successful track record in building/growing a sustainable portfolio
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Capacity to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, ability and willingness to take the initiative in a team oriented environment
- High degree of energy/tenacity
- University Degree
- Strong Microsoft office skills
Does this sound exciting?
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please let us know what interests you about the role and how your experience will make you a strong candidate for this position. The closing date is Tuesday, 1st May 2018.