Senior Pricing Analyst
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, supported by over 1,900 employees worldwide, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
We currently offer an excellent opportunity for a Senior Pricing Analyst in our corporate headquarters in Stamford, CT.
The Senior Pricing Analyst works directly with underwriting and marketing to establish account structure and pricing. The position interacts with other actuaries on rating model construction and line level pricing parameterization. In addition, he/she participates in special projects and analysis.
- The Senior Pricing Analyst utilizes software (primarily Excel, Access and various templates written using those platforms) to calculate loss costs for treaty business.
- The Senior Pricing Analyst engages with account team members (Account Underwriters, Account Executives and Account Managers) to learn about client characteristics that require special treatment in the rating exercise. This includes discussions with team members and clients regarding submission data requests.
- In addition, the Senior Pricing Analyst performs analysis designed to test internal consistency and accuracy and includes market data or peer data to compare, check and enhance the rating results.
- The Senior Pricing Analyst provides interpretive feedback about indications to the team members and engages in dialog about the appropriateness of rating assumptions and indications.
- Participates as requested in technical sales presentations given to Gen Re clients.
- Works with all levels of management and presents at the Senior Management level.
- 5+ years (re)insurance experience.
- Working towards attaining a ACAS / FCAS designation.
- College Degree.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the (re)insurance industries.
- Shows innovative and open thinking to be able to modify standard actuarial and statistical techniques to solve the problem presented by unusual cases.
- Very strong in math concepts and statistics.
- Correctly anticipates and interprets the needs of internal and external customers and is able to explain actuarial aspects of their work to non-actuaries.
- Producing high quality work and engaging effectively in account team discussions throughout the year.
- Can manage others toward successful completion of joint projects; shows leadership.
- Producing high quality work under time constraints and engaging effectively in account team discussions throughout the year.
- Presenting or explaining the rating model assumptions effectively to non-actuaries at all levels in the organization.
- Depth of knowledge of rating assumptions required to make case specific adjustments accurately.
- Ability to develop rating models that balance data availability, complexity and reflect client specific characteristics.
- Basic knowledge of insurance industry financial statements (annual and quarterly).
- Demonstrated ability to apply various actuarial concepts and methods.
- Good communication skills - ability to impact and influence constituents at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.<.li>
- Good business acumen and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide results under time pressure.