Casualty Claims Executive
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Casualty Claims Executive in our Stamford, CT office or performed remotely for appropriately qualified individual.
The Casualty Claims Executive manages claims arising from the Casualty lines of business. The Casualty Claims Executive protects Gen Re’s fiduciary interest and serves as an internal and external client resource by providing comprehensive claim knowledge and experience.
We are seeking a claims professional with a minimum 8 years of experience in handling casualty claims with extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: general liability; auto liability; and professional liability. The ideal candidate will work well independently, but also enjoys working as a part of our team.
Position responsibilities include the following:
- Handle claims from commencement to resolution in accordance with Gen Re claims procedures and guidelines including file documentation, policy/coverage analysis, preparation of loss reports, timely reserving and claim payments;
- Frequent and timely communication with Gen Re business units including underwriting, marketing, actuarial, and the Gen Re senior management team;
- Present to Gen Re management and client companies on high exposure matters and emerging casualty trends.
- Timely and frequent communication with clients to deliver “value added” service that enables clients to achieve better results through improved technical expertise and operational efficiency including:
- Conducting on-site and remote claims reviews/audits;
- Participating in roundtables on claims strategies;
- Identifying and recommending vendors to clients to achieve successful claims resolutions;
- Conducting training sessions; and
- Maintain loss experience reports on various lines of casualty business;
- College degree.
- Advanced degree and/or industry designation (CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum eight years in the insurance/reinsurance industry managing high-exposure casualty claims.
- Performance in a claim leadership position is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team player and able to build productive working relationships inside and outside of Claims.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytic skills.
- Strong organizational skills; accurate and detailed-oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Travel required.
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org