Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect in our Stamford, CT office.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for the strategic design and implementation of the overall cloud infrastructure strategy for the General Re global enterprise. Reporting to the Global Infrastructure Lead, the Cloud Infrastructure Architect applies advanced IT architecture concepts and governance techniques to function as the highest-level technical expert for this domain area. The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will be the standard bearer for existing and emerging technologies facilitating the unification of cloud infrastructure within the overall enterprise architecture.
The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will interface with multiple teams such as Security and Application Development to design cutting-edge infrastructure for developers and end-users. The right candidate will provide the architectural and governance leadership for planning, designing, and supporting cloud solutions for the business.
The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, with responsibility for interacting with the business, other technology teams and third-party managed service providers.
- Provide Technical and Operational Governance across the Gen Re Cloud Computing environment
- Design and Configure Cloud infrastructures to support Cloud migrations and transformation initiatives
- Work closely with Cloud Developers and Security Architects to engineer and deliver Cloud infrastructure Solutions – on time and above expectations
- Develop scripts, libraries and Code Deployment Pipelines to automate and improve quality in deployment activities
- Leverage platform Monitoring Services to maintain SLAs and overall platform performance
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging support for Cloud platform projects and initiatives
- Automate the provisioning/deprovisioning of Cloud infrastructure when demand fluctuates
- Ensure that the service provided by managed service provider(s) are delivered against agreed SLAs or statements of work
- Identify and drive areas for service improvements in conjunction with the managed service provider
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Business or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of overall experience in Cloud software/platform solution implementation.
- Expertise in scripting is required
- Demonstrate knowledge of Microsoft Platform as a Service offerings
- Background in Consulting is preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with one or more programming languages.
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams.
- Technical Skills Required:
- Azure IaaS, PaaS, Containers (Kubernetes. Docker etc.)
- Azure AD including PIM
- Cloud security designs including Azure Policies, ATP, Security Center
- Cloud networking including Express Route, MPLS gateway, IPSec, Microsoft Peering, Private Peering
- DevOps including Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, ARM, Azure DevOps, Powershell
- Cloud/Azure Cost Management and tagging
- AWS and Google Cloud experience