IT Governance and Compliance Specialist (d/f/m)
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
For our Unit Global IT Services we are seeking to appoint an IT Governance and Compliance Specialist (d/f/m) preferably located in our Cologne office starting as early as possible.
The IT Governance and Compliance Manager is a member of the Transformation Office within Global IT Services. This is a multi-disciplinary role comprised of IT Governance and IT Compliance. Candidate must have a strong background in technology, project management, audit management, and governance and must be highly adaptive. The candidate must be a strong communicator, highly collaborative, organized, and analytical, and is expected to partner effectively with other teams within Gen Re, and with external audit and regulators on an ongoing basis.
- Design and establish the policies, procedures and best practices governing the overall approach for the IT governance and IT compliance operating models and internal IT controls frameworks
- Build, maintain, and drive adherence to a central IT controls framework mapped to industry best practices, Gen Re policies, and regulatory requirements that defines the key and operational IT controls performed across IT
- Work directly with stakeholders in IT as well as Legal, Risk, and Internal Audit to proactively identify, prioritize and resolve any noncompliance with relevant requirements
- Oversee, and in some cases directly manage the remediation projects /activities across the IT organization
- Act as central point of contact and facilitate the ingestion of new policy and regulatory requirements into IT. Proactively learn the new Gen Re policies and applicable regulatory requirements and identify risks
- Facilitate and/or formulate IT responses to Internal and External Auditors
- Provide management reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing management information
- Develop and maintain the IT governance strategies, processes, and documentation
- Build and maintain the IT policy documentation repository
- Automate and manage IT policy lifecycles and continuously monitor compliance
- Navigate the Global and IT organizations effectively – knows where, how, when and with whom to interact to drive results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; concentration in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience working in a global IT department and proven management level experience in the IT governance and IT compliance functions
- Can demonstrate deep understanding of the Supervisory Requirements for IT in Insurance Undertakings – VAIT (Versicherungsaufsichtliche Anforderungen an die IT), as well experience in applying those requirements across the various IT disciplines
- Management level experience related to remediation of IT regulatory findings Knowledge of controls and compliance frameworks (such as SOX, COBIT) and hands-on experience applying those frameworks
- Advanced ability in analyzing IT risk and designing efficient controls to minimize risk
- Stakeholder management experience in a large matrix organization
- Senior level project management experience in a large matrix organization
- Strong verbal and written communicator in both German and English
- Experience in directing and monitoring the work of team members
- Strong experience in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint
- Preferred: Understanding of additional global regulations that impact IT (such as APRA, CBIRC, MAS, IRDA) as well experience in driving adherence to those requirements across the various IT disciplines
We offer you
- An international and highly professional working environment in a central location in Cologne and/or flexibility to work remotely preferred based in Cologne.
- A pleasant working environment with flat hierarchies and a friendly and cooperative corporate culture.
- Attractive benefits, e.g. flexible working hours, company pension scheme, job ticket, jobbike, underground parking, daycare facility for children, canteen and in-house sports activities.
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, we look forward to receiving your complete application including your salary expectations and the earliest starting date.
Click here to download our job posting as PDF file.
Ellen Sistermann, HR Manager
+49 221 9738 547