Pricing and Research Actuary
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Reinsurance, London Branch (a subsidiary of General Reinsurance AG) is offering an opportunity for a Pricing and Research Actuary in our London Life/Health Insurance Department.
This is a varied role which encompasses different aspects of the responsibilities of the actuaries within Gen Re UK Life and Health. The role includes producing quotations for individual and group life / health reinsurance business, providing technical actuarial expertise on existing treaties as well as more general pricing research work. There will be client contact and interaction with other departments in the UK and other Gen Re offices.
- Preparing quotations for individual and group reinsurance business, including basis-setting, obtaining sign off and production of premium rates.
- Conducting of experience analysis investigations for the purposes of monitoring Gen Re’s own experience and for quotation purposes.
- Undertaking research to set general pricing bases (Terms of Trade).
- Giving risk management input to product and process design.
- Client interaction and resolving technical issues for clients.
- Giving presentations at seminars and writing technical articles.
- Occasional support for other Gen Re offices.
- We are looking for a qualified actuary who has proven experience in an insurance or reinsurance environment in roles involving any of pricing, product development product and/or protection insurance. Pricing experience specifically in UK or Irish individual and group protection products is desirable.
- An enquiring mind, with excellent numerical and analytical skills in statistical and financial modelling.
- Excellent risk management and commercial awareness.
- Proficient user of MS Excel and MS Access. Coding skills in VBA, SQL, R or other statistical coding environments is desirable.
- Proactive and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to prioritise, while remaining flexible to deal with changing work demands.
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills including the ability to summarise complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively as part of a team, deal with people at all levels and in all areas of the business and engage with clients.
- Must display client focus, creativity, intuition, integrity, decisiveness, collaboration, accountability and be prepared to represent the Gen Re with professionalism.
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations to the email address below for the attention of Human Resources: email@example.com
Closing date: 17 September 2021
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.