Senior Casualty Facultative Underwriter
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
General Reinsurance, London Branch (a subsidiary of General Reinsurance AG) has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Casualty Facultative Underwriter in our London office.
- You will be responsible for the marketing and underwriting of facultative business; soliciting new opportunities and handling renewal accounts, transacting the fac product on a direct (non-broker) basis.
- As an experienced Senior Underwriter you will have extensive knowledge of and contacts within the UK and London market.
- As a direct underwriter you will enjoy being out in the market, educating potential clients on our product and developing a strong pipeline of profitable growth opportunities and contacts.
- Your performance will be evaluated based on what was accomplished and how it was achieved such as premium written, number of quotations issued, price adequacy, client management and teamwork.
- You will be required to demonstrate very strong technical underwriting skills in a broad range of Third-Party Liability classes including General Liability, Financial Lines and other Specialty classes. Current or previous UK Motor or US market experience will be an advantage.
- You will be responsible for understanding and applying Casualty Facultative underwriting philosophy, appetite and guidelines.
- Analyzing and documenting risk exposures and coverages and assessing the technical insurability and profitability of new and renewal submissions.
- Underwriting, pricing, structuring and negotiating facultative individual risk or bundled reinsurance schemes, programs or delegated authority arrangements.
- A proven track record of successful underwriting in Third Party Liability lines of business.
- Strong technical underwriting background and customer focus mindset.
- Proficiency in understanding contracts, policy forms and terms and conditions.
- Experience with technical rates along with the ability to provide an external view.
- Successful track record in building / growing a sustainable portfolio through an extensive network of market contacts.
- Strong numerical, research and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills with the capacity to work effectively in a collaborative team environment. This will include a willingness to contribute to the wider Gen Re community.
- Self-starter, with an ability and willingness to take the initiative on client marketing, internal and external training opportunities and project work.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High degree of energy / tenacity and a motivation to continue learning a wide range of liability products.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter please let us know what interests you about the role and how your experience will make you a strong candidate for this position.
Closing date: 31 July 2021
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.