Property Facultative Underwriter
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity for a Property Facultative Underwriter in our New York, NY office within the Property Facultative business unit.
- Underwrite shared and layered and complex property deals from various Multinational, Regional and Specialty clients.
- Understand standard risk coverages, policy forms, terms and conditions.
- Ability to learn various property lines of business (i.e. complex property, energy, inland marine, boiler and machinery, homeowners, etc.)
- Understand and use the various underwriting tools, utilizing technical referrals for calculating accurate technical premiums as appropriate.
- Provide concise and clear documentation, effectively highlighting the underwriting thought process.
- Ability to assess risk hazards and exposure, understanding the relationship between the Company risk appetites and the purchasing of reinsurance coverage.
- Navigate client markets and segmentations (E&S, specialty, middle market, large accounts, etc.) and influence clients at both the underwriter and management levels.
- Develop, maintain, and grow relationships within our existing client base as well as new client development.
- Generate and service both individual risk as well as Program/Auto-Fac opportunities.
- Collaborate jointly with Program and Treaty teammates to provide holistic product solutions on behalf of Gen Re as an organization.
- Bring an array of solutions, alternatives and options to clients based on their reinsurance needs.
- Travel is mainly within the Greater NYC/Tri-state area
- Directly communicate and negotiate reinsurance terms and pricing to clients.
- Understand and follow corporate and departmental philosophies, rules and guidelines.
- Continuously and proactively improve skills, knowledge, and business acumen.
- Demonstrate efficiencies in workflow and time management.
- 3-5+ years minimum industry experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and deal effectively with multiple tasks/priorities
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate effectively across various internal business units
- Strong client relationship, influencing and interpersonal skills
- High degree of energy/tenacity
- College degree preferred
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: email@example.com