Senior Casualty Facultative Underwriter
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. It owns General Reinsurance Corporation and General Reinsurance AG, which conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re International Facultative currently has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Casualty Facultative Underwriter based in our office in Paris.
- You will be responsible for the marketing and underwriting of facultative business, soliciting new business, handling of accounts, underwriting and transacting facultative business.
- As a market facing underwriter you must enjoy being out in the market, developing a robust pipeline of profitable growth business opportunities. Gen Re is a direct only reinsurer and does not accept Facultative business from brokers.
- You will be required to demonstrate very strong technical underwriting skills in a broad range of third-party liability classes including General Liability, Motor Liability, Specialty and Professional Lines business.
- You will be responsible for understanding and applying Gen Re Casualty Facultative underwriting philosophy, rules and guidelines.
- Building and sustaining a Casualty book of business through new business and renewal opportunities.
- A proven track record of successful underwriting in third party liability lines of business
- Extensive knowledge of the French and Belgian markets is required. A knowledge of the Middle East markets would be an advantage
- Strong technical underwriting background and customer focus mindset
- Proficiency in understanding contracts, policy forms and terms and conditions
- Intelligence on rating with the ability to provide an external view
- Successful track record in building/growing a sustainable portfolio through an extensive network
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Capacity to work effectively as part of team with associates in different offices
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, ability and willingness to take the initiative in a team-oriented environment but also to work with autonomy
- High degree of energy/tenacity
- Business level English language. Other language skills would be an advantage
Does this sound exciting?
Please submit your CV together with details of your salary expectations and in your cover letter please let us know what interests you about the role and why you think you would be right for the position. Submissions should be sent to Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org, please put “Paris Casualty Underwriter” in the title of the email.
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.