Life Health North America – Account Manager
Shape Your Future With Us
General Re Corporation, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., is a holding company for global reinsurance and related operations, with more than 2,000 employees worldwide. Its direct reinsurance companies conduct business as Gen Re.
Gen Re delivers reinsurance solutions to the Life/Health and Property/Casualty insurance industries. Represented in all major reinsurance markets through a network of more than 40 offices, we have earned superior financial strength ratings from each of the major rating agencies.
Gen Re currently offers an excellent opportunity within Life Health North America for an Account Manager. Our Stamford, CT office is the preferred work location or performed remotely for appropriately qualified individual.
As a team member of Life Health North America unit, the Account Manager is responsible for supporting the Account Executives in the generation and retention of profitable treaty business in the US. The position has specific responsibility for supporting marketing and client service activities, as well as treaty, market, client and competitor analysis activities as appropriate. Candidates will work primarily with the existing Senior Account Executive’s, but will have significant interaction as needed with Marketing, Treaty, Actuarial, Underwriting, Claims and Operations to develop skills that allow them the opportunity to succeed in the role.
- Provide direct support to Senior Account Executives with the management and sales activities of existing and prospective clients.
- In conjunction with Senior Account Executives, maintain client and prospect profiles, including an analysis of their reported financial results, in a centrally located Teams repository.
- Assist with Quote and RFP responses. Track quote activity and manage the quote database.
- Work with Claims and Operations in developing client specific analysis and responses.
- Work with Legal on deal and treaty related activities within the sales team (including deal sheets, coordinate treaty review/execution, treaty research for client requests and concerns).
- Make outbound calls to clients, prospects and third-party vendors, schedule appointments, coordinate meetings, take and post meeting notes.
- Maintain Microsoft Dynamics CRM system and assist / lead activity with regards to report creation, account coding, creation of dashboards, and mailing lists.
- Support the Senior Account Executives in the development and implementation of sales strategies that will generate new activity.
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and Dynamics skills
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong communicator including listening, verbal and written.
- Prefer a minimum 3 years of experience working in the life and health insurance industry.
- Enjoys working within a small team and is both collaborative and collegial
- A willingness to work independently
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative in a team-based environment with limited supervision
- Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions
- Travel to Stamford, CT if and/or as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance, Business or Marketing degree preferred
Does this sound exciting?
If you want to shape your future with us, please send your resume to Linda Dalesio in Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org